Vital is software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients. We use AI to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 500 million visits to the ED every year in the US. Our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. Based primarily in Auckland, New Zealand we also have offices in Atlanta and New York. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare, and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
We're seeking a skilled UX Engineer to take responsibility for bringing Vital’s user-facing interfaces to life. You’ll work closely with our engineering and product teams to shape the future of healthcare!
- Take responsibility for making Vital’s vision tangible. You own everything our users touch.
- Rapidly prototype features and interactions in collaboration with our product team.
- Work on building, deploying, and maintaining production code used by providers and patients.
Most of our requirements are flexible for the right candidate:
- 3+ years of frontend engineering experience. Of these 3+ years, 1+ should have been spent working with React.
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 experience.
- Ability to wireframe and prototype.
- ES2015+ experience.
- Experience with a modern front-end build pipelines, e.g. webpack/npm/babel/gulp/etc.
The right candidate will take initiative to get things done, embrace uncertainty and work well in a team of other high-performing engineerings.
Some additional skills which we’d find useful if you have them, but should not affect your decision to apply:
- Experience with a large scale, high-volume, web application.
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare and social impact.
- Academic background in Computer Science (BA/BS or MS/PhD) or equivalent experience.
- Digital design experience, or user experience design experience.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for all things frontend.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Work well with other, high-calibre team members.
As a startup, a role at Vital gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, where you can have a large impact on our engineering culture. You’ll have the autonomy and independence to make important decisions, while supported by a brilliant and enthusiastic team.