Vital is software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients. We use AI to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 140 million visits to the ED every year in the US. Our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. Based primarily in Auckland, New Zealand we also have offices in Atlanta and New York. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
As a Technical Implementation Manager at Vital, simply put, you will have the responsibility for getting Vital up and running with our customers. Engaging directly with our customers to understand their integration requirements and working in a technical nature with our Integration Engineers will be crucial to our customers success. We integrate with a variety of healthcare systems, using different formats, such as HL7, FHIR, C-CDA, and X12. Understanding of different coding systems is important to this role, as we utilize LOINC, ICD, HCPCS, and SNOMED.
- You’ll be responsible for leading our customers through the implementation process, most likely being brought in during the end of the sales cycle and working with that customer until they are up and running with Vital.
- You should have a good understanding of how hospitals work with software vendors, the current state of computerized medicine and EHRs, as well as insight into the variety of standards in use, in the context of the US healthcare systems.
- This role is a customer facing role, so you will need to be able to interact and work with the various roles within the hospital system - IT, Clinical, Executive, etc. Being onsite with the customer will be important to this role as needed for the job responsibilities, so travel will be a part of this job.
- You’ll act as a expert within the platform and systems working with the engineering teams, providing guidance and leadership, and charting a course for Vital to navigate the challenges and pitfalls of dealing with healthcare interfaces and integrations during implementations
- You will be responsible for training customers to effectively use Vital in their environment.
- You will need to be able to assist in identifying potential new features or products, as well as receiving customer feedback, and provide technical communication to the engineering teams.
- You will be working to establish best practices to leverage both internally and with our customers.
Most of our requirements are flexible for the right candidate.
- We are looking for a candidate with experience in integrating with healthcare systems, preferably in the context of providing application services or interoperability. We’d like you to have several years of healthcare integration experience.
- We are looking for experience in working with FHIR and/or HL7-based healthcare systems, or with other standards for data interchange, coding or terminology, such as X12, C-CDA, ICD, LOINC, HCPCS and SNOMED - the more varied your experience, the better.
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, both to our internal team members and to our customers and other third-party vendors. The ability to lead and project manage, all the while working with others to solve complex problems is a must for this role.
The right candidate will take initiative to get things done, embrace uncertainty and work well in a team of other high-performing team members.
- 5+ years of Healthcare IT experience in high growth companies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to deliver results to customers and senior leadership
Some additional skills which we’d find useful if you have them, but should not affect your decision to apply:
- Our backend systems are primarily Scala, but using the right tool for the job is more important to us than language homogeneity. Experience in Scala, or modern Java, would be an advantage.
- Experience in GraphQL, Apache Tinkerpop, Postgresql, AWS data services such Kinesis or Aurora, Kafka-like append-only-log services, Akka, Slick, or any of the other software we happen to use currently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to gasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
Vital is not a typical healthcare “integration company” - while we have a bias for action over analysis, we also strongly intend to set new standards for best practice implementation of medical tools and systems. Your remit will be broad, and you will have the autonomy and independence to make important decisions, while supported by a brilliant and enthusiastic team.
As a startup, a role at Vital gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, where you can have a large impact on our engineering culture.