Vital is software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients. We use AI to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 500 million visits to the ED every year in the US. Our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. Based primarily in Auckland, New Zealand we also have offices in Nashville and Atlanta. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare, and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
We’re looking for a product designer who is excited about solving difficult problems. The ideal designer can approach problems with a strong sense of curiosity, develop strategies based on insights from real users, and transform them into simple, elegant designs.
We are looking for Senior Product Designers with experience designing digital products, leading a strong design vision, and mentoring a growing design team. This role is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Conduct user research with patients and medical providers, and critically examine the outcomes before presenting your findings to the team.
- Rapidly generate ideas based on research, and test your solutions at lightning startup speed.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve a strong design language across our products. That includes our visual language, but it doesn’t start nor stop there.
- Collaborate with our medical, engineering, and business teams to create practical, feasible solutions, and come up with the best ways to deliver quality.
- Represent the voice of our users, and advocate for their needs when negotiating technical and business decisions.
- Lead a small and growing team of designers, solve problems together, and drive a user-centric process throughout our product development cycle.
What you should have:
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing your UX design process and refined craft in Interaction and Visual Design.
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to set up brainstorms, bring abstract concepts to life, rationalise your work, and inspire the wider team.
- A user-centric research & design approach. Even with the ability to produce thoughtful and beautiful solutions, you are constantly looking for ways to re-evaluate your work and iterate through user feedback.
- Experience working with a team of designers, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inclusivity.
- Healthcare-related experience is a bonus, but not a must.
If any of that excites you, get in touch — we’d like to hear from you!
If any of that makes you nervous, you’re onto something good. Don’t get bogged down by a checklist, you’ll be joining a team of design partners who care deeply about growth and development.
Send us a hello, and links to your work and experience.