We are looking for a Product Manager to join our remote-first team, in a New Zealand and US friendly timezone. You will be working on products to improve the healthcare experience for millions of patients and care teams.
🫀 Vital builds software for care teams & patients, with a focus on the Emergency Room experience. We use AI/ML to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy.
🏥 There are more than 140 million visits to the ER every year in the US. Our mission is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
Vital + Product
- Discovery: You'll need to identify problems at scale that we can solve with our product, improving the value we provide to our customers.
- Define: You'll need to define product features and enhancements and communicate these across the team, ensuring all necessary stakeholders have input.
- Risk and Delivery: You'll need to contribute to the product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business and a deep knowledge of the internal customers/users. This will ensure the team’s detailed understanding of the problem so that they have the context and autonomy to deliver.
- Customer Interaction: You'll work closely with customers to identify problems we can solve, along with ensuring we're building the right features in the right order.
- Communicate: You'll need to ensure the Product team communicate the product roadmap across the company, along with adapting to product requests from internal and external stakeholders. Stakeholder management is a core part of this role as you'll need to ensure buy-in across the company of the prioritisation of the problems to solve and desired outcome.
Vital + You
- We're looking for a Product Manager to hit the ground running, so prior work experience as a product manager, product designer, data analyst, or user researcher is important.
- You'll have a demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- You'll have a proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- You'll have a hunger to learn across the core areas of your domain, to synthesise insights from your learnings, and to leverage those insights in your team.
- Healthcare-related experience is a bonus but not a must.
- We're pushing the bounds of healthcare software. Our team is quick moving, full of energy, and constantly striving for innovation. It's a truly awesome environment to work within. As we're a startup, this role gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company where you can have a large impact.
- Diversity, inclusion, and respect are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We don't tolerate "brilliant jerks" at Vital.
- We're constantly improving our systems and processes, and you'll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Four weeks of annual leave for our team, ensuring you can take vacations as you need.
- Paid leave for new parents.
- Our "hubs" are dog-friendly and we even run regular dog social sessions.
Hiring @ Vital
Once you've made a decision on applying for this role (if you're reading this, it's probably a good sign), then use the "Apply Now" link to fill out an application. We want to ensure that there is a good fit on both sides, as taking a new role is a big decision. Once we've received your application, we'll send through some follow up questions for you to work through in your own time (they shouldn't take too long to complete). From there, we work through various interviews with our team.
Vital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.