Vital is software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients. We use AI to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 140 million visits to the ED every year in the US. Our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. Based primarily in Auckland, New Zealand we also have offices in Atlanta and New York. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare, and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
We’re looking for a product designer who is excited about solving difficult problems. The ideal designer can approach problems with a strong sense of curiosity, develop strategies based on insights from real users, and transform them into simple, elegant designs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting user research with patients and medical providers, and critically examining the outcomes before presenting your findings to the team.
- Rapidly generating ideas based on research, and testing your solutions at lightning startup speed.
- Developing, maintaining, and evolving a strong design language across our products. That includes our visual language, but it doesn’t start nor stop there.
- Collaborating with our medical, engineering, and business teams to create practical, feasible solutions, and come up with the best ways to deliver quality.
- Representing the voice of our users, and advocating for their needs when negotiating technical and business decisions.
We are looking for intermediate Product Designers with a minimum of 3 years experience designing for digital products.
What you should have:
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing your design process and refined craft in Interaction and Visual Design.
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to set up brainstorms, bring abstract concepts to life, rationalise your work, and inspire the wider team.
- A user-centric design approach. Even with the ability to produce thoughtful and beautiful solutions, you are constantly looking for ways to re-evaluate your work and iterate through user feedback.
- Healthcare-related experiences is a bonus, but not a must.
Send us a hello, and links to your work and experience.
If any of that excites you, get in touch — we’d like to hear from you!
If any of that makes you nervous, you’re onto something good. Don’t get bogged down by a checklist, you’ll be joining a team of design partners who care deeply about growth and development.