Vital is modern software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients. We use AI to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 500 million visits to the ED every year in the US. Our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. We are a remote-first organisation with hubs in Auckland, Atlanta, and New York. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare, and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
We have a strong DevOps culture, solid CI/CD tooling, an agile approach, and a modern serverless architecture. We are completely cloud-based.
- You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining services across our stack, from our client-side end-user products to our backend microservices.
- You’ll apply Software Engineering thinking to create reliable and performant services.
- Work on building, deploying, and maintaining production code used by providers and patients.
Most of our requirements are flexible for the right candidate:
- We are looking for intermediate to senior engineers with experience in maintaining web applications, preferably at scale, with high performance and volume. We’d like you to have several years of software engineering experience.
- Because of our need for high reliability and scalability, the right candidate will have strong fundamentals in Software Engineering/Computer Science. For example, you should have a good understanding of the performance of algorithms at scale, and be able to communicate this in Big-O notation.
The right candidate will take initiative to get things done, embrace uncertainty and work well in a team of other high-performing engineers.
Who You Are
- You have passion and drive for software engineering.
- You possess a strong bias towards getting it done; you take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- You are comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- You work well with other, high-calibre team members.
- You want to make a real difference in healthcare.
- As a startup, a role at Vital gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company where you can have a large impact on our engineering culture.
- You’ll have the autonomy and independence to make important decisions, while supported by a brilliant and enthusiastic team.
- Vital is a remote-first organisation with a dog-friendly hub in Auckland which is close to public transport, a variety of great restaurants and bars, and is stocked with a coffee machine, snacks, and drinks.
- You’ll be joining an organisation that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.
- Take ownership of your work - literally. Vital offers share options to employees.