Vital is modern software for hospital emergency departments & patients. We use AI/ML and great design to reduce length of stay, saving millions by increasing doctors' and nurses' productivity, all while keeping patients safe & happy. There are more than 500 million visits to the ED every year in the US, and our goal is to improve the healthcare experience for all these patients.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. We are a remote-first organization with hubs in Auckland, Atlanta, and New York. Vital is backed by prominent investors in healthcare, and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
Security and compliance are mission-critical components at Vital, and we're looking to further improve them by growing the team.
As an Information Security Analyst at Vital, you'll have a wide range of responsibilities across our security and compliance domains. Given the importance of these domains to us, we're looking for an individual who can handle multiple responsibilities, outlined below.
- You'll be responsible for implementing and maintaining regulatory compliance frameworks, such as HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, etc.
- You'll analyse risks and security alerts, and identify and manage security breaches.
- You'll write and enforce security policies.
- You'll be responsible for training employees on security awareness, safe development practices, and their responsibilities as users of information systems.
- You'll have strong project leadership skills & experience.
- You'll have strong knowledge of computer and network systems, devices and software.
- You'll have knowledge of security monitoring and how to conduct security investigations.
- You'll have an up to date understanding of internet threats, current IT security standards (such as OWASP), practices, and methods.
- You'll have 3+ years experience in security roles or related roles such as network or systems administrator.
- You may have a diploma or degree, preferably in an IT-related subject such as network engineering, computer information systems, computer science, or cybersecurity.
- You may have a relevant industry-based certification, such as CISA, CISM, or CISSP.
Who You Are
- You have a growth mindset and drive for improving quality.
- You possess a strong bias towards safety and quality; when you see something concerning, you don’t wait for permission before acting to remedy it.
- You are comfortable with and embrace uncertainty. You help to bring certainty through investigation and exploration.
- You work well with other, high-calibre team members.
- You want to make a real difference in healthcare.
- As a startup, a role at Vital gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company where you can have a large impact on our engineering culture.
- You’ll have the autonomy and independence to make important decisions, while supported by a brilliant and enthusiastic team.
- Vital is a remote-first organization with a dog-friendly hub in Auckland which is close to public transport, a variety of great restaurants and bars, and is stocked with a coffee machine, snacks, and drinks.
- You’ll be joining an organization that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.
- Take ownership of your work - literally. Vital offers share options to employees.