We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our remote-first team, in a New Zealand and US friendly timezone. You will be working on supporting our Engineering leadership, allowing us to better work on products to improve the healthcare experience for millions of patients and care teams.
🫀 Vital builds software for care teams & patients, with a focus on the Emergency Room experience. We use AI/ML to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy.
🏥 There are more than 140 million visits to the ER every year in the US. Our mission is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
Vital + You
- We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of admin tasks and support our Engineering leadership team. We are a remote-first company, so you need to be comfortable performing this role in a mostly virtual capacity.
- You'll be responsible for the day-to-day tasks and projects that come with managing a large team. Functions you'll be responsible are varied, and can be any of: managing schedules, forecasting focus time, organising social events and gatherings (virtual and in-person), running surveys and gathering feedback, managing hiring pipelines, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, being a point of contact for our VP of Engineering, and even managing payroll.
- Information flow is crucial to a well-performing team, so you'll be expected to take the initiative to ensure important information is communicated appropriately, accurately, effectively, and in a timely manner. You'll be able to digest and feedback points from larger discussions, draft memos and blog posts, take notes in meetings, and collate information from across the company.
- Our team have adopted asynchronous communication as our preferred form of working together. We eschew unnecessary meetings, write documentation, draft idea documents, and utilize the Slack "Do Not Disturb" functionality. You'll need to be comfortable working in this fashion.
- Grow your skills! We will provide you with opportunities to grow professionally, and we expect you to contribute positively to our team, tools, and processes.
- You'll need to have work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills are needed for this role.
- Discretion and confidentiality are important, so you'll need to demonstrate that these are key strengths.
- Communication is important, especially in a remote-first team. You need to excel in English, both written and verbal.
- We're pushing the bounds of healthcare software. Our team is quick moving, full of energy, and constantly striving for innovation. It's a truly awesome environment to work within. As we're a startup, this role gives you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company where you can have a large impact.
- Diversity, inclusion, and respect are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We don't tolerate "brilliant jerks" at Vital.
- We're constantly improving our systems and processes, and you'll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Four weeks of annual leave for our team, ensuring you can take vacations as you need.
- Paid leave for new parents.
- Our "hubs" are dog-friendly and we even run regular dog social sessions.
Vital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.