As Director/Senior Product Manager of Consumer Health Applications, you will be responsible for expanding our core patient & family facing products. This includes expansion & optimization of our flagship “Care Advisor” products presently being used by hundreds of thousands of patients at 75+ hospitals across 12+ health systems.
🫀 Vital builds software for care teams & patients, with a focus on the Emergency Room (ER) experience. We use AI/ML to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy.
💡 We provide hospitals with a modern UI and AI layer, which we are able to deploy within a matter of days.
🏥 There are more than 140 million visits to the ER every year in the US. Our mission is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
Vital + You
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role. UX or UI only roles are insufficient.
- Must have worked on a product with 100,000+ users.
- Startup and healthcare experience are strongly preferred. If you’ve worked on a huge team on an existing and established product, this job is not for you. If you’ve created a greenfield product that’s never existed in the industry before, you’re exactly who we need.
- Will work directly with Aaron Patzer, CEO. Aaron was Founder of Mint.com & VP of Product Innovation across Intuit (TurboTax, QuickBooks, Quicken)
- Measurement of product funnels, use & retention in order to continuously improve metrics, spot issues, and suggest product changes based on data.
- Speak with customers, US-based hospitals, to understand requirements for existing and new products
- Prioritize product features rigorously across business strategy, customer requirements, and engineering capacity.
- Write tickets precise enough for engineering to build, and the design team to visualize.
As part of this role, you’re expected to embrace a kaizen approach of constantly striving for improvement, in order to grow yourself, and Vital as a whole. You’ll need to stay up-to-date with the latest in product management, customer research, UI/UX, data analysis, and growth strategies.
- We’re working on problems which have a real impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, patients get better care.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We believe this approach will help us attract and grow a diverse bunch of talented people that are supportive, calm, clear, empathetic, and results-oriented.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
- We're constantly improving our systems and processes, and you'll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Four weeks of annual leave for our team, ensuring you can take vacations as you need.
- We provide paid leave for new parents.
Vital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.